Up Dharma Down


I have been hearing their bands name since last year with their song "Taya" which has been shown in MTV several times. I was actually impressed, their sound is original and catchy. As you guys know I am not really that much into local music, the only bands I really liked were Side-A, True Faith, and South Border. And when you talk indie bands with me, lets just say I live in a cave when it comes to that.

Basically these guys have been playing since 2004 and have a lot of songs I have already heard, I just do not know who the band is. They have also sang in several ad campaigns for Coca-Cola, Lipton and Mc Donalds.

Recently there is a show in GMA called Ilumina and they provided the theme song "Tadhana" (Fate) as featured above. I don't really watch the show, but I like the theme song. I like it! I like it! (Mei Mei of Upin and Ipin impersonation).

They won several NU Rock Awards since 2006 and have won 2 AVIMA awards in 2010 for "Best Female Vocalist" and "Best Video".

Comments

Popular Posts