Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood Concluded


Let me start on saying that I was never a fan of the first Full Metal Alchemist, the show was nice at the start but ended with a big question mark on my head, its like something is missing. Then I actually saw the movie Conqueror of Shamballa which concluded the first series, It was ok, but that's that. Then I found out the manga was still ongoing during that time, so that means the series was actually modified in the middle. Then they released the Brotherhood series, I only wanted to watch it again because it was in HD and they said it was redrawn. So when I actually saw the first few episodes, I noticed "why aren't they using a transmutation circle?". Then they explained the theory on the "Gate of Truth" which revealed the answer on that question. And suddenly everything was in place, everything was explained. It was actually the retold version of Hagaren (shortened version of Hagane no Renkinjutsushi the Japanese title of the show) which is more loyal to the manga version. I got hooked on the show in no time, it even showed parts on Winry and Edward's relationship that never happened on the first series. There were new characters, new alliances and Selim Bradley was evil as heck. The battles were intense and the storyline kept you coming back for more (I had to check the web every week just to find out if the newest one was already released by Eclipse where I usually download the episodes). I must say that the show ended with a big thumbs up. I am quite a easy person to please so I prefer you watch the show yourself to see if it is any good or not. If you don't have the capability to download all the episodes, you can watch it streaming through Kumby, or you can read the manga where the whole Brotherhood anime was based on. Its kinda like the director's cut version on Hagaren. I might get the whole series on Blu-ray once I actually acquire a player or a Playstation 3.

Comments

  1. I still have episode's 62 and 63 in my PC. I take it there's a last episode coming. Or did it come out already? All-in-all, Hagaren is an awesome piece of art by Studio Bones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brotherhood was what kept me sane during those weekends in Jakarta. I had barely enough per diem to go out and Animax had mostly kiddie shows on weekends.

    But this... this... FANTASTIC MAN! MIND-BLASTING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup episode 64 "the last episode" is out, which is why I made a review about the show.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts