Kenji Yamamoto Removed from Dragon Ball Kai due to Infringement

Compared to the other members of the Pilgrim, I am probably the biggest Dragon Ball fan there is. When I heard that Dragon Ball will be re broadcasted on HD, I was really happy during that time. The storyline was streamlined and based on the manga, all fillers were removed and new scenes were added. Another new thing they added was the soundtrack of the series, they hired Kenji Yamamoto to do the soundtrack of Kai. To those who do not know who Kenji Yamamoto is, he is actually the composer of the Dragon Ball Z video games, it includes the butoden series that I reviewed just recently. He is not to be confused with the composer Kenji Yamamoto of Nintendo.

I did comment that the classic soundtrack of Dragon Ball Z was still better than what Kai had. In the last two episodes of the Cell Saga, the soundtrack suddenly shifted to the classic soundtrack which was composed by Shunsuke Kichuki for the Dragon Ball Z series. I was pretty surprised on why this actually happened. I thought they just used the old background music because it was almost over and they want to give the people a bit of nostalgia in the process. Well it turned out that Kenji was actually charged with infringement. I had no idea why, so I went to the most trusted Dragon Ball news blog which is called Daizenshuu EX. They did a topic on Kenji Yamamoto's retrospective and compared his compositions with music that may have inspired him.

Being a fan of Dragon Ball, this was actually big news. So what happened? Why now of all times? Could it be that what started as a joke among fans became a serious case in the industry? I guess everyone is at fault for what happened.

For more details on this story go to Daizenshuu EX's topic on Kenji Yamamoto.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts