Random Weekend Post: Nendoroids, PSN and Back to the Future

I was supposed to be on my way to Egypt today, but circumstances changed and I'm stuck at home. On the bright side, I got around to my gaming backlog... except for the PS3.

Nendoroid Generation from Namco Bandai

This is actually kinda old, but I haven't had the time to post since I've been busy with all the work that I had to get done before going to Egypt. Namco Bandai is releasing an official Nendoroid video game titled Nendoroid Generation as part of the 10th anniversary celebrations of the Good Smile Company.

For those new to this, Nendoroids are poseable SD figures based on famous anime or manga characters. You can check out their official site (Japanese or English) for the whole catalog.

Anyway, if you're expecting a lame visual novel or other type of the usual licensed game genres, it's actually a full-blown RPG. Confirmed Nendoroid series characters to be included so far are Fate, Black Rock Shooter, Magical Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha and Suzumiya Haruhi.

Source: Andriasang


PSN Still Down

Yup, the PlayStation Network is still down... It's been about a week, and only recently has Sony admitted that this downtime was due to an 'external intrusion' on their system. Apparently, personal information of PSN account holders has been compromised. Sony says it will take about another week before this is resolved.

So anyway... I've been using the PS3 even less than I usually do now, thanks to this. Looks like the weekly Super SF4 sessions will have to be on hold for now. Unless... to the Xbox!


Back to the Future: The Game Would Have Made a Great Movie

There are currently 4 episodes of Back to the Future: The Game available, and while I love the Back to the Future movies, I must say that the new games do not stack up.

If you're curious, BttF:TG is made by Telltale Games, and it is an episodic adventure game that takes place about 1 year after the movies (1986). In all honesty, the story would have been pretty good if they were episodes of the BttF animated series, but Telltale Games is not really good at making adventure games. You'll often stumble upon puzzle solutions either by accident or by mindless wandering. Not very sound game design, in short.

Comments

Popular Posts