Majini Hunting Season

I used the Japanese box art since it looked better.
Just got myself a copy of Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D for the Nintendo 3DS. And I must say that I was blown away by it. Its the first Resident Evil game in where you can reload while moving around, this was probably the best feature I liked in this game. The character selection was good, especially the inclusion of Claire Redfield to the list. The skills system puts more depth in customizing your character and especially the part in where you can now choose from a number of weapon sets without actually changing the character. The graphics engine for the game is Capcom's own MT Framework Mobile. I liked the crisp and clean graphics of this game. Yes there are slow downs on the frame rates of the enemies from a distance, especially if there is smoke involved. My point is gameplay is always first priority over graphics when reviewing a game, something Nintendo proved for a long time. I recommend it to people who are into pick up and play action games.

After Finishing the Game
Wow, that was a blast! I had the hardest time on stage 5-5 but I finished it anyway. Since there are still a lot of skills I still need to upgrade, I couldn't let go of the game just yet. Rebecca's nurse costume was freaking hard to acquire, you have to have an S ranking on all levels, but with a lot of practice and the right weapon, I was successful.  When I said this is a good pick up and play game, I really mean it. I usually play this during my 15 minute break in the office. I still haven't tried the duo mode of the game since I'm still waiting for one of my friends to actually acquire this game before we could start playing it. I guess I'll start playing online once I feel I'm good enough. I could still feel the shock of playing Lost Planet 2 online, those guys really whooped my ass good.

Comments

Popular Posts