Unity Web Player

The Unity web player takes web browser gaming to a whole new level. I came across this plug in while browsing the Star Wars website. I found out I could actually play the Star Wars Trench Run game in my browser. That game was one of the reasons I wanted an iphone. So I tried to run the game, it said that it required the "Unity Web Player" so I installed it. The install size was something like 3.1mb, a pretty small size for an installer. I installed the plug in and BOOM! The graphics exceeded my expectations.
Actual screenshot of Star Wars Trench Run 2.0
Install the plug in from the Unity website. You can play Star Wars Trench Run game from starwars.com.

After that, I was hooked. I wanted to see more of the games this web player can actually offer. There is a complete listing of games in the Unity website. Here are a few of the games that I found interesting.

Minotaur in a China Shop
This one is pretty funny, you play the role of a Minotaur who was banished to the Labyrinth for destroying a China Shop due to "Minotaur Rage". After serving half of his sentence, the Minotaur has been released for good behavior. Now armed with "Minotaur Rage Insurance" and a business license, can the Minotaur control himself and realize his dream of selling Fine China?
Ever heard of a bull in a China shop? Try a Minotaur!
You can play this game in Blurst.com

NOMBZ: Online
Night of a Million Billion Zombies, this is a 3D action shooter that challenges the player to lead a posse of survivors through a zombie-infested city! Available online by PowerUp.
Pew Pew Pew Kaplowee!

Play it online for free in the official website.

Max and the Magic Marker

Max & the Magic Marker is a physics based 2D puzzle platformer, in which the player controls the boy Max and his Magic Marker. While Max enables good old platforming fun, the marker provides the game Available for the Nintendo Wii by PressPlay.

Try out the demo here.

Comments

Popular Posts