PlayStation Vita launch Delayed outside Japan.

Thanks to the sudden price drop of the 3DS, The launch of the PlayStation Vita is delayed until 2012 in US and Europe. Sony's original plan was to compete with the $250 price of the 3DS within the year, however due to the sudden drop from $250 to $170 which is a really huge difference, Sony decided to delay the launch of the Vita in the western markets, Japan however will push through with the launch of the Vita this year. The sudden price drop is kinda like Nintendo's challenge to Sony to keep up with their prices. I guess Sony's strategy is to check is there is any way the unit's price could be lessened, or probably checking how the Japanese market would do before releasing it to the west. There are a lot of reasons for a company to delay a product so I hope Sony would release a really good product which is worth the delay.

I on the other hand have no plans of getting this product yet. So far, I have never heard of any good titles yet for the system. I guess Street Fighter X Tekken would probably be the only thing that would convince me to buy this unit for now. I guess I'm waiting for a title that would really push the unit's features.

Comments

Popular Posts