Greenhills Journal: 10/02/2010

We call ourselves the Green Hill Pilgrims, however we have not posted anything about Greenhills yet in this blog. Well here it is!

I tried to get my friggin' Xbox fixed because of the 3RL, the technicians got to fix the console, however they did not guarantee it will last long. Well guess what? After one week, I had to say goodbye to the system. I guess buying a new one would be cheaper.

Anyway, we did our usual routine. We checked the new figurines in Shoppesville, We browsed through the second hand games in Shoppesville Plus, checked the new books in Fully Booked, and passed by Data Blitz in V-Mall.

After picking up my console, we passed by the "Konbini Store". This store is located 57 Connecticut St., Northeast Greenhills San Juan, Metro Manila. It is a Japanese convenience store that also serves ramen and the best yakitori in the Philippines.

I actually wanted to pass by in order to get ochazuke. However they had no stock, only furikake was available during that time. So basically I bought a two packs of furikake, noodles, a bottle of Ramune and soup base for the ramen. While browsing at the other products, we actually noticed something unusual. It's Kit Kat! But not just any ordinary Kit Kat. It's the wasabi and sakura green tea flavored Kit Kat.

(left) Sakura Green Tea, (right) Wasabi
Did we buy it? Heck yeah! If curiosity killed the cat. That curiosity is what was actually killing me. I had to know what the darn thing tasted like. So we did a taste test on these two products. It was a bit expensive for a small box. I think it was something like 80 pesos a piece. We tried the wasabi Kit Kat first. It tasted like the usual Kit Kat, however it had a tangy aftertaste of wasabi. It may sound strange, but the taste was rather pleasant. The sakura green tea on the other hand was Pao's favorite. The taste of green tea blended pretty well with the chocolate, it left us with a smile on our faces before beating each other up in Super Street Fighter IV. -End of day-

Speaking of ochazuke, there is actually a good Japanese grocery in Makati called "New Hatchin Japanese Grocery". The hyperlink of the store name is attached to another blog which reviewed the store with more detail. It actually had everything, including what I was looking for. They serve authentic takoyaki every weekend in that store. This store also sells fully packed bento boxes at a reasonable price. Thank goodness I don't live near this store. I'd run out of money in no time if I was.

Comments

  1. This is also the episode where I had to literally like down on the street, in front of Sho's house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shot of me and the figurines almost looks like one of the pics I'd find in Akihabara blogs... kewl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts