Mangaholix: Manga Creation Workshop

Held on May 14th on the 4th floor of Fully Booked, I actually just found out about it last week when I went to the Fully Booked website to find out when the Free Comic Book day would be. I should have reserved for this before I actually went there. Anyway, I got to attend this but there was no longer any materials available since they only brought enough for the people who reserved for the slots.

It taught us on how to pencil, ink, apply tones and color. I really had to attend this one because of the inking session, I really suck at inking. The part on story telling was also good, the speaker in this part was Ian Cang (Kraust), he was very entertaining. He pointed out certain do's and dont's on a good story, basically he gave suggestions on what could make a story better. The part on toning and coloring was the longest part and most interesting part of the session, this was also the part in where I was running on adrenaline since I haven't had any sleep yet.


They also had guest artist Kriss Sison of Last Hope, Ninja Girl Ko!, and Nurse Macho. He received an honorable mention in the 2nd International Manga Award which was organized by the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 2008. The International Manga Award was created to recognize the talents of Manga artists from countries outside Japan who have contributed to the promotion and appreciation of Manga.

If you're familiar with the Mazda Miyo, he was responsible for the art on that one.

You can visit his gallery on deviantArt under the name isangkutsarangmoe (A tablespoon of moe)

I just had to let him draw on my sketch pad. Thank you Sir Kriss.
For more info on Mangaholix you can visit their website on http://www.mangaholix.com/
They also have a facebook page and a deviantArt group.

I hope next time we get to go there as a group, that way we may actually make our comic book ideas a reality.

Comments

Popular Posts